June 05, 2009

The Good The Bad and the Downright F-ugly ;-)

Ok...The good. My grandmother seems to be happy at her place in the nursing home. We all wondered if she would be, but she says she likes it there. The bad...she isn't physically able to go home without round the clock care and the rehab part of the nursing home is kicking her out so she has to stay somewhere. Since she likes the nursing home, she has decided she THINKS she wants to stay there. This is a huge load off of my mother who didn't have the heart to tell her she had no choice but to stay. But now my mother is fighting off guilt because she knows her mother will miss her home. The F-ugly...I have been playing mother/devils' advocate to my mother. Talk about tough!

The good...my husband is making killer money working all this overtime. This is so nice because we can pay off some bills. The bad...he is never home when I am home :-( I miss my hubby like crazy. I see him for 10 minutes in the morning and then no more. The F-ugly...I have taken to watching love stories to fill the time. I have watched all my favorites, Mona Lisa Smile, Because I Said So, Under the Tuscan Sun, American Wedding, Hitch, and Where the Heart Is. At least I can watch others be lovey dovey when I can't be.

The good...my flowers and our yard has plenty of water. There is no more drought in York County, thank goodness. Everything is green and plentiful. The bad...There is so much water that it has killed my rye grass and I have to be careful when I mow the yard so that I do not mar up in the wet ground. The F-ugly...I have some brown grass (yucky) and mudholes (ewww) which my dog wants to wallow in.

So this is the good, the bad, and the F-ugly of my past week. All in all it has been pretty damn good. :-)

FYI as I watch Mona Lisa Smile, I am convinced I was born in the wrong decade. I should have been born when dancing, gloves, waltzing, dresses, formality, manners, etc. were in style. I think it is downright elegant, but one thing that is funny is that most of the women get drunk to drown their sorrows because they can't be true to themselves, so ... at least in this decade we as women can think for ourselves. lol

1 comment:

  1. AHHHH! I love MONA LISA SMILE & WHERE THE HEART IS!!! They are 2 of my all time faves!!!!

    All this rain is super F-Ugly! I (meaning Hubs) have grass to mow!!!!!!

    And yes, I, KNOW I'm was born in the wrong decade!!! Mona Lisa Smile will get me wishing that I could just pretty dresses 24/7 and pretty red lipstick and live in a time when cooking a great meal & having nice china was all that really mattered! :) LOL!

    ReplyDelete