May 18, 2009

Westerns, Love Stories, and Cold Weather

Today has been a quite frigid day for the middle of May. Usually here in the South, we deal with drought and humidity round about this time of the year. Or at least the beginnings of them. I woke up this morning and smelled bacon frying. My wonderful husband had gotten up before me (I love to sleep and today was NO exception) and was frying bacon. It smelled wonderful. I was burrowed down in my bed with my covers all around me and my Pug (Buckley). My hubby, Robert, comes in and lovingly tells me breakfast is ready. I got up and took my breakfast out on our front porch to admire the beautiful morning creation. And folks let me tell you something, it was COLD. The wind was up and it was quite brisk. I immediately took myself back inside and changed into my fleece pants and long sleeve shirt. Then I finished breakfast.

My husband and I have been married for a little over a year now, and things are better than I could have ever imagined. We have had our issues as any married couple has, but we love one another so much. I am so blessed to have him for my husband, and I can only pray he feels as blessed as I do. We enjoy doing many things together and separate. One of our favorite things to do together is watch movies. We like all kinds, except I detest with a capital "d" horror films. I can't stand anything that scares me so badly I can't sleep.

We both are into westerns. I love the ones that come on Hallmark channel. He likes any and all westerns. To him, John Wayne is the epitome of bad-assness! lol. I am especially addicted to the western love stories which are adapted from the books of Janette Oke. (Just an FYI, if you are interested in buying any books at a cheaper price, go to the bottom of my page and click on the ALIBRIS link) I think that is her first name. It is called the love series. It has Dale Midkiff in them and the first one has Katherine Heigl. There are probably 7-9 of these movies and all of them are about finding love in the west and learning to grow in the Christian faith. These are great wholesome movies, and I just love how the characters continue to love and trust God even though they have hard times to deal with. It helps strengthen me when I feel down and alone. Well thats about all I have for my thoughts today.

1 comment:

  1. WOW, you know what's weird, my mama just bought me a book by Janette Oke this weekend. She's constantly buying me books and that was one in the stack she gave me! I'll definitely have to read it!

    ReplyDelete