July 07, 2009

I'm Home, I'm Back, and I Love It

I had a fabulous week of relaxation in Florida with my mom. We had a girls week and just chilled out. We went to Disney World. I LOVE Disney World. I don't care that I do not have kids or that I don't ride a lot of the rides, I just LOVE it. All the shops, the streets, the different lands, etc. It is awesome!

Now I am home and I couldn't have been happier to get here. I missed my sweet hubby and my darlin' puppies. I did not, however, miss housework. I cleaned all day today, and I still feel like my house isn't clean. I guess I should say piled up rather than unclean. I have washed clothes, dried clothes, folded and hung clothes, vaccuumed (is that how its spelled?), washed dishes, dried them and put them away, etc. I was so busy all day but I still feel like there is a lot more to be done.

Speaking of washing clothes, I would like to forewarn everyone that some sun lotions may discolor your clothes once you wash them. I had a white terry cover up for the pool. Obviously I was wearing lots of sunscreen since I am lily white. None of these lotions had a bronzer or anything else in them that would make you think they would discolor something, but guess what, they did. I opened my washing machine lid after laundering the cover-up and various other articles of clothing and it was the only thing that was discolored, and only the parts which had contact with my skin were discolored. Those which touched my swim suit were still white. It is the oddest thing I have ever seen, so needless to say I have been bleaching the thing for about 6 hours now and it is just now turning beige. So, beware of sunscreen lotions.

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July. I definitely did because I was let in on a secret from a friend of mine. I have been praying for her secretly because her and her husband were having some difficulties, many of which stemmed from hurt feelings and lack of communication. When we spoke over the weekend, she told me that they had talked for a long time and worked some things out, that things were not perfect but much better. I am so happy for them. I have been worried about them, and I have been praying they would talk to one another and open up the lines of communication and they did. Folks, prayer works!

I read a passage in Ecclesiastes 3 which basically said God endures forever, nothing can add to it or be taken from it. How true is this? God can make anything happen. Anything is enough with God, because there isn't a single thing in the world which can be better or more fulfilling than his love. AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment