January 25, 2012

Rigor

Ok....It has been a very long time since I blogged, but I feel the need as the stress invades my life!

I teach as we know, and what I can't seem to understand is how I work my butt off while others just do whatever they please. This includes my students. I can honestly say that I have never seen such unenthused and do not care students! It's as if I try to teach To Kill A Mockingbird to my pug every day. I mean how they can't laugh when Scout punches Francis in the face and cuts her hand on his teeth, but yet they can laugh and cheer on friends when they fight is beyond me!

It also amazes me that students receive three days of IN CLASS time to work on a rough draft, and several do not show up to class the day it is due because they are not done. First off, my teachers never gave me IN CLASS time to do a rough draft, and my professors certainly never did, and secondly, how do you just not show up because you don't have your work completed?! Is this what America is coming to? Is this why some of the people I work with just don't show up when they don't feel like it? Is this why every student I teach thinks that his or her birthday is a national holiday? Is this really what the greatest nation in the world has reduced itself to? I truly ask this because I am speechless many days by the absolute laziness of the world around me.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not the super motivated type in the fact that I will not go to work, cook a full meal, work at home, and clean my house all in one day; however, even I care about my work and making certain that everything that I'm responsible for is taken care of in a timely fashion. I just ask these questions to the wide world of the internet because no one really follows my blog and I need to vent this out rather than venting to my usual source because I know my usual source gets sick of hearing it. So if you follow me, thank you for listening. If you're new, I swear not every post will be like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment